Come join Lum Elementary’s 4th of July Float and show Alameda that the Lum Spirit lives on!! Join us as we walk and roll along the parade route. Meet by 10 am along Lincoln Avenue between Park and Grand. We are #56 in the line-up. Continue reading
The schools to which Lum students are being relocated for the 2017-18 school year are hosting information nights on Thursday, June 15, 6:30-7:30pm for incoming Lum parents/guardians. These events will be adult gatherings meant to provide an overview of the schools, and to give parents/guardians an opportunity to ask questions. This will also be a great opportunity to learn of any back to school events at these schools so you and your students can become acquainted with the school communities.
1. Paden, Haight, Otis, Edison, Wood – all hosted at the individual school sites
2. Maya Lin – hosted in the Marina Room at the District Office (due to construction at the school site)
3. Franklin & Bay Farm – informal information gatherings hosted at the school sites
For more information, please contact Wendy Garner, AUSD Coordinator of Student Services at 510.337.7098 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any concerns/suggestions/questions. I may not have the answers but I will help you find them!
Big bear hugs, Kelly Scott, Lum PTA president
Lum PTA has created a Google survey to help us keep in touch next year. Many of us would like to know where our friends and classmates will be next year. The purpose of this survey is to gather that information to share just within our Lum community. This is a voluntary survey put out by parents, not by the school or the district. Please respond to these questions if you are willing to share your family’s plans with one another.
We are only gathering information about current Lum students. If you have other children who do not attend Lum this year, please do not include them in your responses here.
PTA Happenings for 5/28/2017
THIS WEEK AT LUM:
- Tuesday May 30: Student Meet & Greet with School Relocation Principals 10 am; Field Day 12:45-2:30 pm
- Wednesday May 31: Awards Assembly 8:30 am; Music Concert (grades 3-5 perform) 9:40 am
- Thursday June 1: Celebrate Lum BBQ 6-8 pm; Wood Dine & Donate at Yogurtland 5:30-8:30 pm
Yogurtland in Alameda Landing will host Wood PTA’s last Dine & Donate on June 1, 2017 from 5:30-8:30pm!
For this fundraiser, please show the attached flyer. The flyer can also be displayed as a picture or email on a mobile phone!
*If we exceed $500 in sales, Yogurtland will donate 30% of the proceeds to Wood!
Date: Thursday, June 1st
Location: Yogurtland Alameda 2640 5th St Suite B Alameda, CA
Yearbooks will be available for purchase for $25 immediately before and after Open House on Wednesday May 17, 5:15-5:30 and 6:30-6:45 pm outside the MPR. You can also purchase yearbooks at Friday Morning Message on May 19, 8:10-8:30 am, at the blue picnic tables. Don’t delay–supplies are limited.
PTA Happenings for 5/14/2017
THIS WEEK AT LUM:
- Tuesday May 16 and Wednesday May 17: Teacher & Staff Appreciation — 1st/3rd/5th grades bring appetizers, salads, fruits & veggies
- Wednesday May 17: Open House 5:30 pm
- Wednesday May 17: PTA Meeting 6:30 pm
The final PTA Meeting of the year will be held immediately following the Lum Open House on Wednesday, May 17. This will be a very brief meeting at which we will present and vote on the 2017-18 budget. Please stop by the MPR after visiting your students’ classrooms – we just need 10 minutes of your time!